Valentines Day-Story, Meaning, Quotes, Images, Days
Hlo Drifters.. as you all know the most awaited week for us all is approaching so I want to share some knowledge about this week.
Most of the persons know that on 14 th Feb of every year its the Valentines Day but no one knows whats the story behind this Day and why this Day is celebrated.
So in this article I would like to share the Valentines Day-Story, Meaning, Quotes, Images, Days to you all.
Valentines Day Story
I’ll tell the story in a short way , so the story goes like this:
In the third century he Roman Empire was ruled by Emperor Cladius || Gothicus. He was very cruel and harsh.
He was getting into so many wars during 3rd century that there was shortage of soldiers in his kingdom.
He believed it was so because soldiers did not want to leave their loved ones.
He in turn gave an order to cancel all engagements and marriages. Everyone look very sad after this order.
Who was Valentine.?
Valentine was a Christian priest who came forward and stood for love. He began to secretly marry soldiers before they went off for war.
One day king came to know this and he announce prison for Valentine and demand that he would put to death.
As Valentine was awaiting execution , he fell in love with a blind girl who was Jailers daughter.
One the day of execution Valentine wrote a sonnet for her. Legend habit that his words made the blind woman see again.
St. Valentine gave his life so that all couples should be bonded together in holy matrimony.
This self sacrificing story of Valentine was legendary even after centuries after his death.
So the moral comes out to be The man can be killed but not his spirit
Valentines Day Quotes
- “There is only one happiness in life: to love and be loved.” – George Sand
- “Valentine’s Day is the poet’s holiday.” – Ted Koosner, Poet
- “Your flaws are perfect for the heart that’s meant to love you.” – Trent Shelton, Football Player
- “Lovers don’t finally meet somewhere. They’re in each other all along.” – Rumi, Poet
- “A flower cannot blossom without sunshine, and man cannot live without love.” – Max Muller, Philologist
- “You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.” – Dr. Seuss, Author
- “The art of love…is largely the art of persistence.” – Albert Ellis, Psychologist
“Love planted a rose, and the world turned sweet.” – Katharine Lee Bates, Songwriter
So I hope you all liked this article of mine about Valentines Day-Story, Meaning, Quotes, Images, Days.
So learn something from this awesome story and make your valentine day a memorable one.