Genetic fitness test for Indian Cricketers
In this article I would like share with you the new fitness test for Indian cricket team now a days.
About this Fitness Test
- The idea for this fitness test was moot up by the team trainer, Shankar Basu and it has proved to be extremely beneficial
- The DNA test or genetic test, gives an idea about how 40 plus genes are related to a person’s fitness, health and nutrition
How this Test is Beneficial to Players..?
Keeping in sync with skipper Virat Kohli’s uncompromising training regimen, the Indian Cricketers are now undergoing this DNA test that reveals:
- the genetic fitness blueprint of an individual, raising the bar to a level hitherto unseen.
- It helps a sportsman to improve his speed, endurance, in fat burning, recovery time and muscle building
Some interesting properties of this DNA Test
- Firstly the DNA data samples of the players are taken and then combine it with the environmental data.
2. Environmental data consists of individuals body weight and diet, for an all-round analysis
Fitness Tests before Genetic Test
Earlier the Indian cricket team used to undergo SKINFOLD test for body fat measure temperature and then switched to DEXA test.
“Skinfold test was used primarily for a long time, but it was found out that results relate to body fat percentage were not accurate enough.”
Then there was a switch to DEXA test for calculation of body fat percentage.
The DNA test is analyse so that the body’s needs are known
Inscribed in the Genetic Test
- The DNA test was first introduced in the NBA and NFL in the US
- For conducting each and every players test, the BCCI spends a normal amount between ₹25000 and ₹30000
- The permissible body fat percentage limit for a senior national team is 23 per cent
- One of the players whose strength and stamina has tremendously improved has been pacer Bhuvneshwar Kumar, who has been consistently playing ODIs and T20 Internationals
- Since the start of Champions trophy, Bhuvneshwar has played 19 ODIs and 7 T20 Internationals, purely because of a new fitness routine that was prepare after getting his genetics DNA fitness report